PACIM Library is reopening on October 4!
The PACIM Library is reopening on Sunday, Oct. 4 from 1-3 p.m. Due to COVID-19, we are taking many precautions to make sure your visit is safe and convenient. When visiting PACIM Library:
- Please limit your stay to 20 minutes. This is similar to Hennepin County Library’s “Grab and Go” system.
- Due to space constraints, only one individual or family will be allowed in the library at a time. You may be asked to wait outside the room until others leave.
- Masks are required inside the building.
- Please maintain 6-feet social distancing from other visitors and volunteers.
Using PACIM Library During COVID-19
Volunteers are working to organize the library so books are easier to find.
- Books in Polish, including children’s and young adult books, will be in the front of the library.
- Books in English will be in the back of the library.
- PACIM library books can be checked out for one month.
- There will be a bin to return books at the entrance of the library. Books will be quarantined for 72 hours before returning to circulation.
Fall 2020 Hours
The library will be open on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month:
- Sun., Oct. 4, 1-3 p.m.
- Sun., Oct. 18, 1-3 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 1, 1-3 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 15, 1-3 p.m.
- Sun., Dec. 6, 1-3 p.m.
- Sun., Dec. 20, 1-3 p.m.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer in the library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the lead volunteers:
About the Library
Established in 1994, the PACIM Library has an extensive collection of resources in both Polish and English, including books, music, DVD’s, CD’s, audio-books, tapes, magazines and a special children’s book section. Our archive also includes a number of rare and out of print books that are available by special request only.
We continue to expand our offerings, and work closely with the Literary Fund to organize meetings and readings with authors.
Please consider PACIM’s “Bring a Book from Poland” program! For years, the simple addition of one or two books from world travelers has helped us increase the library collection. When you go to Poland, please bring back a book for the Library. Thank you – Dziękujemy!
The library accepts large title/estate donations ONLY upon Head Librarian approval. We do not accept donations of materials published before 2000 unless approved.
Please contact Donna Sisler with questions.